All you need to know about cell phone battery swelling
Has your cell phone battery swollen? like my phone, I had bought used Windows cell phone, model: Samsung Omnia W, It worked well for around 2 months but after that its battery started swelling. I was like why I bought a resale (used) phone. This is the smartphone running Windows Phone OS 7.5 Mango version.





What happens when cell phone battery starts swelling?

1. Phone gets turned off automatically without any notification.
2. Can't lock the phone back cover as phone battery has swollen.
3. Phone battery will drain (discharge) faster.

Note: Since the time battery has swollen, my phone went off automatically multiple times while surfing the net and listening to music even though 70% phone battery was charged.

4. Phone battery won't last longer than an hour or may be less than that.
5. Saved password for websites will get erased and you will have to re-enter login credentials.

What causes cell phone battery swelling?




1. If you overcharge the battery.
2. If Battery have some issue.

What to do when phone battery has swollen?

Can we fix, solve swollen phone battery? No, we need to replace the battery.

1. If it's just 6 month you have bought the phone from authorized phone store and it is in warranty then phone company would replace the battery without any charges.
2. If not than you would need to buy new battery as phone battery warranty (6 month) is over.

Important Notes/Tips:

1. Do not used swollen battery, temporary you can use it but get it replaced as soon as possible.
2. If you have old working cell phone then temporary use that meanwhile.
3. Buy original phone battery instead cheap battery as they would last longer and will be safe.
4. Do not keep phone for charging over night and recharge only whenever required.

Applies To:
Samsung, Nokia, Sony, Apple, etc. all type of mobile phones.

Comments

  1. Very informative and helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! very good information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same phone, cant lock back cover.. I thought it was bent due to me dropping too many times.. Later realized it just now.

    But its been about a year and a half since i bought it I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is my vibrator battery is swollen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is because you have overused your vibrator? How many times a day you use it?

      Delete
  6. my phn battery is also playing with me with the sane problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hell with that vibrator use me I don't need batteries I stay fully charged lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. remove upper plastic part and hole it with a pin the gs will remove and battery will retain its orignal size then cover the hole part with paper tape..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds amazingly dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also have noticed - dont store battery in cell phones not in use for long periods of time. 3 members of my family got new phones &I within 6an months batteries in all 3 old phones swelled 2 exploided

    ReplyDelete
  11. If i have a swollen battery in my mobile (OPlus XonPhone 5 mobile) & new battery is not available anywhere then how can i change the material in to my old battery so that i can reuse it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. I found some useful information in your blog. it was awesome to read.
    thanks for sharing this great content ,

    i found this to fix a swollen mobile battery hope so it will use for you thanks www.funeworld.com/fix-swollen-battery

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good information. Same problem as mentioned above in my phone too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Train Simulator 2015 not working! Keeps crashing, with dump file..Fix!!!

Leaking of Engine oil is a common issue found on KTM Duke.